Each year at the annual conference we take time for the pastors to meet in their own space. Generally scheduled for a full morning the retreat provides a chance for the pastors to check in with each other, get to know each other better, and share in a private, safe space. The retreat provides training, discussion, and sharing time to address issues relevant to the pastors and their ministry. Join us at the annual conference for a time specific set aside specifically for you.
TEN Conference 2015 will offer workshops specific to Church Leaders and Pastors. In addition, to the pastors' retreat the following workshops will be presented:
- Dealing with Mental Health Issues in the Church - presented by Nick Warner a licensed therapist, he will discuss ways to recognize and how to deal with common mental health issues as a minister
- Dealing with Criticism in Ministry - everyone faces criticism at some point regardless of what they do, as ministers it can be about programs or personal, this workshop will present ways to deal with the criticism and continue ministering
- Allies - Fostering Understanding - a workshop about Bridge Building with mainline churches in your area
- Conflict Resolution in the Church - a workshop regarding resolving conflict within your ministerial staff and church body in general
If you miss the TEN Conference in 2015, each year you will find workshops geared towards pastors and leaders to provide helpful information and insight.
We are planning four training/webinars for the affiliate pastors/ministers. These sessions will cover the following topics:
- Counseling – a professional counselor will provide training on the do’s and don’ts of counseling – what’s a good time frame and why – when to refer – what’s beyond the purview of the spiritual counselor and should involve a professional
- Dealing with addiction and post-addiction issues in the church – Our community is rife with addiction issues – alcohol, meth, other drugs, food, sex – some of these addictions leave their mark long after the person has left behind the addiction. Ministers in the LGBT community need to understand the addictions in our community and how to address them; they also need to understand post-addiction issues, especially with the Meth epidemic in our community. This session will provide professional training regarding these issues and some guidelines for dealing with these issues.
- Mental Health issues in the church – At times every minister has to deal with individuals with diagnosed mental health issues, understanding these diagnosis and how they impact the person’s life can help us better understand the people we are working with and how to approach issues. This training will be provided by a professional counselor.
- Transgender Issues – Better understanding the transgender community can only help our churches to better minister and provide the spiritual and emotional support that people in our community need. This training will provide insight into this community and the numerous variables – truly one description does not fit all and the spectrum is broad. We hope to both educate and provide a safe and open discussion so that questions can be answered.
This is a current look at the resources we are working to provide, check back for more information as new webinars are established and additional resources added to the website.